Friday 13 March 2020

Paper 1 PPE learner response

Media Paper 1 PPE - Learner response

You've now completed your PPEs and so need to be identifying the specific areas to revise and improve on before the final exams in June.

The most important aspect of any mock exam is making mistakes and learning from them

Here, we need to closely analyse our performance across each question in Paper 1 and identify specific ways we will improve for the real exam on Wednesday 3 June (PM). Complete the following learner response tasks in a new blogpost on your Media Exam Blog called 'Paper 1 PPE learner response':

1) Type up your feedback in full (you do not need to write mark/grade if you do not wish to).

EBI: Need to revise knowledge for Media Studies from over what we've learnt from Year 12 and 13.

Have consistent use of media terminology throughout all my answers.

2) Did you succeed in meeting or exceeding your target grade for A Level Media? If not, how many additional marks do you need to achieve your target grade in this paper?

Unfortunately, I didn't meet my target grade in this exam.
The grade boundaries for this paper:

A* = 78; A = 68; B = 56; C = 46; D = 36; E = 26.

Now read through the AQA mark scheme. This is vital as the paper was an official specimen exam paper and therefore the mark scheme tells us a lot about what AQA are expecting us to produce. The original question paper is here if that is helpful too.

3) Write a question-by-question analysis of your performance. For each question, write how many marks you got from the number available and identify any points that you missed by carefully studying the AQA indicative content in the mark scheme:

Q1: I could have done much better in this question and could've gotten top marks if I did clear analysis with a structured answer.

Q2: I could've come to a judgement final judgement at the end of my answer and spoke about my CSPs in much more detail with use of media terminology.

Q3: I should've done a better analysis when analysing the music video.

Q4: I could have easily gained marks by having a consistent high use of media terminology, that would have helped me get into the top bands. Furthermore, I need to have a balanced argument in my answer along with a solid sophisticated conclusion.

Q5.1: Revise keywords/definitions/theories.

Q5.2: I need to revise all the content in Media.

Q6: Need to have a in-depth answer for production and distribution in my answer in order to gain top marks,

Q7: If I managed my time properly while answering questions I would've had more time to spend on the last question and I need to plan my answers before answering them (20 Markers).



4) Look at Question 4 - a 20-mark essay evaluating how useful Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity is. Write a full essay plan for this question using the indicative content in the mark scheme and with enough content to meet the criteria for Level 4 (top level). This will be somewhere between 4-6 well-developed paragraphs planned in some detail.

Start of with an introduction in my answer (Do I agree or disagree with the statement).

Paragraph 1: Start of my answer with a definition, what is Judith Butlers theory of gender? Then go onto talking about the Maybelline CSP.

Paragraph 2: Talk about score hair cream advert

Paragraph 3: Argue the other point

Conclusion: Sum up and come to a judgement.


5) Based on the whole of your Paper 1 learner response, plan FIVE topics / concepts / CSPs / theories that you will prioritise in your summer exam Media revision timetable.

Oh Comely and Men's Health
Capital and Deutschland 83 CSP
Learn all theories so I can apply them to my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment